Friday, November 9, 2012

Roadblock 2.0

Two weeks ago, I wrote about how sometimes you cannot control certain aspects of commuting, and put it in perspective with my own story. Last year when I was commuting to my general chemistry class, I collided with a deer, making me late for class, and a burden due to the fact I had to drive my mothers car until my own car was out of the shop. Well you can probably guess what happened this week...


Not again.


It was a lousy Monday, as any other Monday marking the beginning of the school week, I prepare myself for the usual 9:00am-8:00pm day. Heading to class, it was a pretty ordinary Monday, dragging myself throughout the day due to the lack of sleep that Mondays bring, I finally make it to my last class. As the time ticks away, the clock strikes 8:00, I rush to my car and crank up the heat. Pulling out of the parking lot, it strikes me, thump, thump thump. 

It's a flat. Pulling over to asses the situation, I conclude that the damage is pretty severe, nothing a can of Fill-A-Flat will fix. The picture provided shows exactly "how flat" my tire actually was. On top of it all, this particular Monday was pretty much below freezing. At least this incident didn't happen before class. 

Resorting to Plan B, I start the process of putting on the spare tire. But of coarse the jack that I have in my trunk is probably the lousiest ever built, every time I attempted to unscrew the lug nuts, I could hear my car teeter back and fourth. Managing with what I had, I finally secured the spare donut, which I would have to say was pretty stylish. Finishing up, I arrive back home way late, giving you just another glimpse of commuter encounters.



I have included a link on how to change a flat tire in the helpful sites list, I highly recommend visiting it if your are considering commuting, it just might come in handy one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment