Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Day in the Life.

The heading explains it all. As I sink deeper into the commuting lifestyle, I can see my life shape before my eyes. From 9:00 am-5:00 pm it is a life filled with classes, friends, and fun! As the clock turns 5:00 pm, all this ends and I drive away. Let's take a look at the day in the life, of yours truly...


Waking up-Heading to class...


After showering and a cup of coffee, I enjoy a egg-white sandwich on an everything bagel. Packing a lunch, I grab my backpack and rush to school, not sure if I'll make it on time but somehow I always manage to squeeze through the door of my 9:00 am class just in time. Every morning seems like a rush when you have to prepare for a commute.

Class-Lunch Break...


The first two classes are the worst, half asleep, I just try and manage to write the things down I need to do and plan on doing them later. At lunch time, from 11:00 am-12:00 pm for me, I walk back to my car and eat my lunch. I know, why not eat in inside? Well...a 19 year old carrying around a lunch box, come on. Instead, I sit and listen to music, and munch on a turkey sandwich and whatever else I manage to stuff into my lunchbox. When I finish early, I leave my car and head to my next class. Waiting for the doors to open at 12:00, I usually study, chill with friends, or resort to my phone for games.

Class-End of Day.


At this time of the day, my energy level is at its max...usually. I spend the next 5 hours in lectures and labs. Two hours in, I munch on an apple-cinnamon granola bar, and sip on water throughout the day. Trying to absorb all the knowledge possible in class, I have no time for homework or studying. As the day finishes up, I pack my things and return to my car.

Commute-Apartment...


Now, I am starving, my roommate (brother) gives me crap for grabbing a sandwich because he hasn't eaten either. Usually after a day of classes, there isn't much work, as I only have class every other day, so I head to the gym. Upon returning home, my roommate has dinner ready, and we eat. As you can see from the picture, we eat pretty good. Of all the things I have learned, cooking good meals is probably the best of them.

 From 8:00 pm-bed, watch television (sports center or family guy), and depending on my motivation, I may chip away at some homework.

As you can see, this isn't the exciting life that a lot of people imagine. It's not that I don't have fun, but on a daily basis, this is what you can expect. Weekends are a whole different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment